Using these cleaning and maintenance tips will help maintain the premium look and longevity of your vehicle wrap.
Infrequent or improper maintenance can lead to premature degradation of graphics and lower the expected life of the film.
Waterless Wash – Preferred Method: If the vehicle is not overly dirty, this is the preferred method. Hand wash extremely dirty vehicles first and follow up with a waterless wash. Waterless wash products can help maintain the gloss level and performance of the film. Before using any new product on your wrap, be sure to test them in an inconspicuous area of the vehicle. We recommend using a standard cleaner like Croftgate Wrap Cleaner or Maguire’s Ultimate Detailer. Afterward, use our sealant to provide a protective layer on your wrap for easier cleaning of everyday dirt and stains.
Hand Wash – Ideal for a vehicle with dirt or other residue. Follow the below steps:
1) Pre rinse: Using a hose, rinse the whole wrap with clean water. This helps remove the loose dirt particles
and helps avoid scratching the graphics.
2) Wash: Gently wash the vehicle with a mild soapy water solution using a soft cloth or a synthetic or natural sponge. Start from the top of the vehicle and work down. Avoid abrading the surface with unnecessary scrubbing.
3) Rinse: Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
4) Dry: Let the wrap dry naturally. To avoid water spotting, use a silicone squeegee to remove water then finish drying with a micro-fiber or soft, nonabrasive towel.
NOTE! Excessive spraying at the wrong angle may create failure points and result in the wrap lifting at edges.
An automatic car wash that uses brushes is not recommended. Brushes may scratch the wrap or catch the wrap’s edge and create a failure point.
Our Automotive Window Films Were Designed To Keep Their Flawless Appearance And Clarity For Many Years. Follow These Tips To Properly Care For Your Windows And Keep Them Looking Their Best:
• Keep in mind that your window tint may have a hazy appearance or moisture bubbles for up to ten days after installation. These conditions will disappear once the moisture used to apply your tint dries up completely.
• Wait approximately 1-5 days after installation before rolling down or cleaning your windows based on the climate in which it was installed.
• Use a microfiber towel slightly dampened with water to clean your windows. If necessary, mild, non-ammonia glass cleaners may also be used.
• Avoid the use of abrasive materials such as scouring pads, to clean your tinted windows.
To Keep Your Film Looking Great, Follow A Few Simple Guidelines:
• Wait 48 hours after installation to wash your car.
• Remove insect or other stains as soon as possible with a quality Film Cleaner.
• Stubborn stains can be removed with 99% isopropyl alcohol. Take care to keep these chemicals off the vehicle’s paint.
• Seal with a PPF Sealer at least once every 6 months to preserve high gloss.
• Light scratches in the film will self-heal in 20-30 minutes at room temperature. In colder conditions, or to accelerate the process, pour warm water (120°F) over the affected area.
• Avoid using a pressure washer or high-pressure water source near the edges of the film, it can cause the film to lift and/or become damaged.
• Detailing Clay can be used to remove contaminants that are on the film.